To perform effective and safe nasal irrigations in a quick and confortable way, please take account the following:
- Use a device especially designed for nasal irrigation.
- Use a device allowing to perform irrigations with 250-500 mL saline solution.
- Use a device with possitive and controlable pressure.
- Use especially salt mixture for nasal irrigation.
- Make the saline solution fresh for every nasal wash.
- Use bottled or distilled water if your tap water is of poor quality.
- Adjust the water temperature to your comfort level.
- Do not force the irrigation with a high pressure.
- Do not make nasal irrigation if you have severely blocked nasal passage.
- Irrigate one nostril during 30 seconds and then change to the other.
- Blow the nose gently to help throwing the mucus out when changing nostril, without blocking one nasal passage with the fingers.
- Clean the device with tap water once finished and keep dried.
- Do not share the nasal irrigation device without sterilization.